[gnomemm] binary-incompatible changes to gnomemm 1?

Hi,

app-helper.h's 'fill' methods don't return the new UI::Array with the
'widget' fields filled in. This would be useful, in my case, to disable
certain menu items:

    Gnome::UI::Array<Gnome::UI::Info> p =
        Gnome::UI::fill (*form_popup_menu, popup_menu_list,
                         *(form_popup_menu->get_accel_group ()));

    if (something)
        p[3].get_widget ()->set_sensitive (false);

However, this requires a change in the return type from void of the two
fill() methods in app-helper.h, which, I guess, would break binary
compatibility (unless the return type is not mangled into the function
name). Of course, I'd also be interested in alternative solutions to the
problem above.

So, what can I do? (apart from forking gnomemm1). Maybe we can hope that
no existing gnomemm1 application uses fill() so we can get away with it?

	Gergo

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001