RE: [gnomemm] ANNOUNCE: libgnomeuimm 1.3.13

Hi, I'm confused as to why orbitcpp 1.3.x (and therefore libgnomeuimm 1.3.x,
which wraps GNOME 2.0) depends on orbit 2.5.x, when orbit 2.5.x is part of
GNOME 2.2.
GNOME 2.2 packages are being intentionally kept out of debian at this time
(see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=170398&archive=yes)

Therefore, orbitcpp 1.3.x has not been uploaded to debian, and therefore
gnomemm is getting out-of-date.  One solution would be to convince the orbit
maintainer to maintain 2 versions in parallel despite debian's
"prohibition", but it would seem to make more sense if we were to change
orbitcpp 1.3.x to use orbit 2.4.x.  Any ideas?

thanks,
-brad

[...]