Re: [gnomemm] Creating a custom Gnome::Canvas::Item

>> I was hoping to be able to derive a new C++ Canvas::Item type and have
>> the library handle the conversion issues between the C++ and the Glib
>> object systems, like gtkmm does so that we can derive a new Gtk::Widget.
>
>Like I said, I don't know how this is done in C, or whether it's
>something that makes sense. If you just try it then we will know
>something from your results.

You should be able to derive from Gnome::Canvas::item without a new C
type. I haven't done it, but I've thought a lot about it and it should
work. If it doesn't, I think its because of minor details rather than
a design issue.

>> I guess I have to use the property system in order to get the canvas to
>> properly update my new item when I change it, right?

well, put differently, you use the property system to change the item;
the right thing happens after that.

--p