Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem - remote side.

Damien Sandras wrote:
>>From time to time I run into the same problem: after hanging up I hear
>>the busy tone, but it stops after the first "toot" (there should be 3).
>>Ekiga hangs and I have to kill it. Somehow it does not happen as often
>>now as e.g. 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm running version 20060423-02-sarge.13.
>
> Sounds like the libasound 1.0.11 well-known bug and different from the
> "doesn't hangup" problem described in the thread.

No, I have libasound2 1.0.10 here, the crashes with 1.0.11 are different.

In my case, when Ekiga hangs after hanging up, it seems as if the UI
gets stuck. The listener still works and logs incoming calls to the
missed calls list without ringing. I tried to get a debug output several
times, but I failed to reproduce it.

>>BTW, I don't get new Debian CVS builds since 2006-04-23. I told Kilian
>>and he mentioned that the current CVS does not build. Any news here?
>
> Nope, it builds here.

The current snapshot versions (for Debian) are:

20060521-01-sid.1 (same as Ubuntu Dapper)
20060517-01-etch.1 (same as Ubuntu Breezy)
20060423-02-sarge.13

Perhaps something is wrong with the buildd.

Regards,
Hannes