Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga suports multiconference ?

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:05:00PM +0000, Lucas Bittencourt wrote:
> Hi, I 'm looking for a SIP communicator that supports conference with multiple users in linux/windows. Does the Ekiga supports ?
>
> Thanks !

Hi,
By itself Ekiga does not support conferencing (simulataneously talking
to more than one party), however there are free (as in cost) conference
servers on the internet that you can dial into.

---
You can now call :
sip:501 ekiga net -> Public conference room
sip:501XXXX ekiga net where XXXX is the number of your choice
representing the number of the room.
---

If you want to host your own private conference facility I would suggest
looking at Asterisk home (an easy way to install an Asterisk server on a
PC).

http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Cheers/Bon Chance,
Simon.