Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Security check failed

Don Malcolm wrote:
I am not getting the "Security check failed" message any more. (However
see below - I am getting that message calling a local number).

I would say 500 ekiga net is accessible only by someone who is registered to ekiga.net.

When I call 500 ekiga net, I get a repeated long tone.

Abnormal : you should hear a voice explaining how it works, then your own voice. Check the druid audio test again.

I attempted to call a real phone number of the form: sip:0061999999999
where the 9's are replaced with the local number, the 61 is the country
code, and 00 the access code.

However this terminates immediately with the message "User not found". I
take a look at the drop down box and "@ekiga.net" has automatically been
added!!!??? And sip:0061999999999 ekiga net also immediately terminates
in "User not found".

If you configured ekiga.net as your default account, it is normal that ekiga tries to go through it when you give it a number without a "@thisaccount".

Hope this helps,

Snark on #ekiga