RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] "Abnormal call termination"

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 13:38 +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le mercredi 17 mai 2006 à 13:23 +0200, Josh Green a écrit :
>
> > Thanks for the info.  I wouldn't be too hard on Gentoo though, its 100%
> > unusable for those who configure it wrong ;)  Its only a matter of
> > adding a USE flag for the Opal ebuild.  Which can be done like so (for
> > those interested):
> > echo "net-libs/opal debug" >>/etc/portage/package.use
>
> That activates the debug build, which is not a good idea. Having trace
> statements and a debug build are two very different things.

Are you sure?  I didn't see anything particularly special in the ebuild
related to the "debug" USE flag, except for the NOTRACE.  This is
the ./configure line executed with USE=debug enabled:

./configure --prefix=/usr --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share
--sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib PWLIBDIR=/usr/share/pwlib
OPALDIR=/var/tmp/portage/opal-2.2.1/work/opal-2.2.1
--disable-transnexusosp --disable-iax --enable-localspeex
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu

It looks like the files are being compiled with -O2 and the rest of my
flag optimizations.  I don't even see a '-g' flag actually.

Perhaps I'm overlooking something though.  Regardless, I suppose I can
disable debug if it does become a problem in the future.

> > Now that I got some useful debug output, I found a thread which sounds
> > like the exact same issue.  I am also getting a massive amount of
> > messages like:
> > "RTP	STUN could not create socket pair"
> >
> > The thread for reference:
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-devel-list/2006-March/msg00004.html
> >
> > So I think its a problem with the NAT router I'm using and the STUN
> > implementation.  I'll try setting a different RTP port range using
> > gconf, like one reply to that thread suggests.
> >
> > For reference, the router is a D-Link DI-824VUP+ and I'm connecting to
> > it wirelessly with my laptop.
> >

> There is a workaround for that in CVS.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll give CVS a shot.
	Josh Green