[GnomeMeeting-list] Cannot compile Opal

Hi,
I'm the lead developer of Puppy Linux.
I'm interested in putting Ekiga into Puppy, and have attempted
to compile it.

I'm running a PC with 2GHz CPU and 256M RAM, kernel 2.6.16.7, Xorg 6.8.1.
I configured Opal:
# ./configure --prefix=/usr
Then ran make, compiling goes okay until it tries to compile transport.cxx.
Then CPU usage goes way up and I wait and wait -- then got an out-of-memory
message. It seems to be "allocing" huge amounts of ram, and I have a
400M swap partition loaded. Well my PC has another swap partition, so I
loaded that too, giving me effectively about 800M free ram.
This time, it gets to transport.cxx and CPU usage goes way up, about
700M of ram gets used up, and I wait and wait and wait ...after about
half an hour I gave up.

Anyone got a suggestion about this?

One other thing, when I compiled pwlib, I configured like this:
# ./configure --build=i486-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --enable-plugins
   --disable-oss --enable-v4l
When I had "--enable-v4l2" I got compile errors.

Regards,
Barry Kauler
www.puppyos.com