Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems with ekiga.

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 03:52:32PM -0400, fdemeter cantv net wrote:
> Hello me again, I have tried to reinstall libasound but the problem is
> perfectly, xmms is <br>ok, mplayer,<br>kaffeine and now skype works all so
> perfectly, wit dmix, now i can use <br>all these
> it is not a problem from libasound <br>1.011-3,<br>if all this applications
> works.<br><br>I can hear and speak , but the sound is very bad and after

I am having the same problem - I ran XMMS and 5 mplayers together,
mixing the sound. Apart from this I can run xmp and Skype, also without
problems, and also with mixing through dmix. Only Ekiga is unusable
because the sound is choppy.

> Demeter.<br><br>------------------------------------------------------------
> +0200, Francisco Demeter a écrit :<br>&gt; Hello, after make one
> dist-upgrade in my kanotix, I get the next problem<br>&gt; by using ekiga,
> when I use some sound (ring tone or connecting with echo<br>&gt; test,
> etc...) it freeze with the next message:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; ferenc

I can reproduce this memory corruption on demand by going into sound
events and randomly clicking on various sounds and pressing play. After
couple of sound events played, Ekiga inevitably crashes with this
message.

I have installed Ekiga according to the official installation instructions.

CL<