Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Ekiga - Netmeeting or MSN

On 5/9/06, Jonathan Kaye <jdkaye10 yahoo es> wrote:
starikarp wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have Linux and Ekiga, my friend has Windows XP and Netmeeting and MSN.
> Is it possible that we could talk and use web cameras or we need to keep
> Skype on our computers still?
> Thanks.

yeah , best thing is to use windows messenger , because your windoze friends will be able to mix MSN and SIP in the same contact  list after a very easy manipulation to register to ekiga.net

 Here is a tuto to configure windows messenger
http://manuxlinux.freezee.org/article.php3?id_article=10   ( in french but you it should be OK )

After this they will be able to reach any SIP adress ( wengo etc ... ) So it's worth it

--
Michel memeteau