[GnomeMeeting-list] The Case of the Vanishing Dialpad!

I am running Mandriva2006, AMD-K7 cpu based desktop.

Due to dependency problems, which would roll my system backward in upgrades, I can't use the current Mandriva  released ekiga rpm. So, instead, I had to use the Mandriva Cooker's future version of Ekiga, which is rpm:  ekiga-2.0.1-1mdk .

When I first tried to execute this Ekiga, it would not appear at all and upon the 5th try, I got a gconf error, which led me to your Troubleshooting Faq cure of # 7.4 "I have GConf errors when I start Ekiga, what can I do?".

I applied the recommended commands from the Faq on the command line. Clicked Ekiga, and I had access to a configuration wizard for Ekiga. So, I configured it, hopefully correctly, and after pressing FINISHED, a dialpad materialized. I had just enough time to think, "Excellent!" --and the dialpad VANISHED!

>From that point on, when I click on Ekiga to execute its routine, I get a pause, and then suddenly the dialpad appears  momentarily for perhaps 1 second and then the dialpad then disappears.

A quick check of the process monitor reveals no trace of the application running after such a vanishing act, so the routine is terminating itself.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get Ekiga to stick around? Thanks! :)