Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Leaving video voicemail in Asterisk with Ekiga

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 10:43:29AM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
>> Mar 21 22:02:34 WARNING[2418] translate.c: No translator path from unknown to unknown
>> Mar 21 22:02:34 WARNING[2418] file.c: Unable to translate to format h263, source format unknown
>>
>> I have searched through the Asterisk bug database with no luck and I have also
>> left a message on the Asterisk mailing list but never received a reply.
>
>Asterisk video support is buggy with the H.261 codec for the voice mail
>application. I have discussed with Mark Spencer lately, and he plans to
>fix it.
>

>> So, at this point, I'm not really sure if the fault lies with Asterisk or
>> Ekiga.  In particular, it seems that Asterisk thinks it is receiving an h263
>> video stream instead of the h261 Ekiga is putting out.
>
>Yes, it is an Asterisk bug.

Ahhh, thank you very much.  Now I can stop poking at Asterisk and Ekiga
wondering what I did wrong.  :)

Does this only affect voice mail?  If two people register with the same
Asterisk box (with reinvites turned off) will they be able to communicate with
h261?

I ask because I have tried to establish a call between MythPhone on one end
and Ekiga on my end with no luck.  In fact, as soon as the call connects,
Ekiga segfaults.  Before, I thought it might be related to my Asterisk
(mis)configuration, but perhaps this is an Ekiga bug?

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.