Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] how to choose video format (small / large)?

Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le dimanche 26 mars 2006 à 12:17 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski a écrit :
>> How can I choose video format in Ekiga (i.e., now I have only small size available, but I would like to send the video in large format)?
>>
>> In Gnomemeeing I could choose between small and large; in Ekiga there is no such option (both in V4L and V4L2).
>>
>> My webcam is Philips Vesta 730, it supports images up to 640x480 (if I run "camstrem" program to test it).
>>

> Use gconf-editor.

All right.
But the way it was in Gnomemeeting was easier (no external application to manipulate video size - I didn't even had gconf-editor installed).

> Large size will only work with H.323. I suggest you to
> zoom in the picture, instead of transmitting large, except if your
> bandwidth permits it.

Yeah, my bandwidth permits it.

> Large size for SIP should be back in CVS "ASAP".

BTW, this Camera (Philips Vesta 730, pwc driver), allows 6 video resolutions (with camstream program when I tested it):

- subQCIF (128x96)
- QSIF (160x120)
- QCIF (176x144)
- SIF (320x240)
- CIF (352x288)
- VGA (640x480)

However, Ekiga only seem to support two of them, as reported in gconf-editor (QCIF - 176x144, and CIF - 352x288).

Why is it so?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski

Software deployment with Samba