Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Error compiling ekiga (Cont'd)

On 3/14/06, Rikard Johnels <rikard j rikjoh com> wrote:
> Next problem: Compiling ekiga
>
> checking for EKIGA... yes
> checking for EDS... checking for EDS... configure: error: Package requirements
> (libebook-1.0 >= 0.0.94) were not met:
>
> No package 'libebook-1.0' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables EDS_CFLAGS
> and EDS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>

> I cant seem to find what package libebook belongs to.
> I says evolution-data-server if i use apt for SuSE. (I run SuSE 10.0)
>
> but rpm -q evolution-data-server yields
> evolution-data-server-1.5.90cvs20060206-5
> so somethong is installed.
>
> Where do i go from here?

Install the evolution-data-server-devel package.

You may need to install -devel packages for some other dependencies
too (I installed all the -devel packages I could find from SuSE GNOME
Supplementary into SuSE 9.3 -- then ekiga compiled.)

Best, David