Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga 2.0.1 available

On 3/14/06, Chris Rankin <rankincj yahoo com> wrote:
> BTW, can you please tell me what ekiga uses avahi for, and when would I need it? Does it only make
> sense to compile avahi support if there is a large number of ekiga users on the local network?

Any number on the local LAN.  It uses the Apple Rendezvous resource
discovery technique, so you can phone other ekiga users on the LAN
without configuration.

As Damien explained for me last week, you can compile ekiga with the
--disable-avahi configure option: that worked fine for me.

Best, David