Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] SIP Click to Dial

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 11:14:47AM +0800, Stefan Brüns wrote:

> (To do this, you have to put something like "ekiga -c `echo "sip:%c" | sed
> 's/ //g'" as the command to execute at the right place in the kontact
> preferences. Not sure if the command is actually correct, (un)fortunately my
> computer is 15000km away, and I have no ssh here.)

Hi Stefan,
It's (possibly) true that your script will enable you to dial a contact
from Kontact using ekiga, which is quite useful in itself.

What I am _really_ interested in (and should have explained better) is
the ability to use my computer to instruct the SIP hard phone on the
desk/sofa next to it to dial a number without having to use the phone's
keypad.

For me this has the following advantages over using a softphone:
1). My computer is old and slow, can't really cope with doing lots of
things at once.
2). My IP phone has better codec support
3). I could dial arbetory numbers, include letters and '@' which I can't
on the phone keypad.

Cheers,
Simon.