Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Conference Calls?

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 09:51:20AM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le mercredi 21 juin 2006 à 16:17 +1000, Mark Sargent a écrit :
> > Hi All,
> >
> > am looking at changing to ekiga from skype, due to it's appalling
> > linux support, but, need conference call support for online study
> > sessions and the ability to voice with someone on a windoze box too.
> > Any solutions out there? Cheers.
> >

> 501 ekiga net is a public conference room
> 501XXXX ekiga net is a personal cofnerence room, simply replace XXXX by
> the digits of your choice (for example 5014532 ekiga net) and meet over
> there.

Thought I should point out that this is personal, but not private -
anyone can join as long as they can guess where 'you are at' (ie. the
number XXXX you used).

If you want 'private' then you will have to:

1) Have one of your group use a softphone or hardphone which can ad-hoc
conference (such as the cisco 79xx series) which can join two SIP calls
and do the mixing itself. Some softphones support this....

2) Use another (paid for?) SIP Conference server on the internet which
supports logins/pins.

3) Set up and configure Asterisk to provide the service yourself (or one
of your 'buddies')

Have fun,
Simon.