Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga and address book

Hi,

Le mardi 11 juillet 2006 à 02:08 -0700, George a écrit :
> Hi to all,
>
> I hope this topic hasn't been covered lately, but I am curious as to
> why when you add a new account in Ekiga, it doesn't show up in the
> address book even though it shows it registered ok in the "Accounts"
> options.
>
> I've searched quite a bit about this and everything I found says that
> it should show up in the address book.
>
> I'm running Fedora 5 with the latest kernel and the latest rpm's from
> the Ekiga site. However, I've had this problem with every version of
> Fedora and the 2.xx series of Ekiga.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?

The address book contains sources of contacts. Those sources can come from various places:
- ILS servers
- LDAP servers
- Rendez-vous
- your local address book (currently Evolution, and soon KAddressbook
too)

The accounts window registers you to VoIP providers : SIP and H.323 (and
soon IAX too).

They are both separate things. Ekiga.net is the only server to provide
both SIP registration and LDAP directories, but I know no other doing
the same... That explains the behavior.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net