Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Making calls

Hi Paulo,
The STUN/NAT stuff basically tricks your router so that it know where to
direct the incoming RTP (voice) stream.

In terms of the outgoing RTP stream you do not need to do anything.

I don't quite understand the 'can not make calls' comment. Have you
registered with a Dialtone provider (such as ekiga.net or
FreeWorldDialup)?

In which case you should be able to place a call with a URI like -
sip:500 ekiga net
sip:613 fwd pulver net

(you only need to put the numerical bit, ie. 500 as the rest is infered
from your registration). These are the echo server numbers...

If you are not registered (and don't want to) you can still make point
to point calls if you know the remote end's IP. In this case the public
IP will need to be forwarded..... but it's much easier to register with
a service :-)

You can register for a free account at www.ekiga.net, and if you log in
with your user name you can confirm that the system 'sees' you and shows
you current IP.

Hope this gets you going.
Simon