[GnomeMeeting-list] HOW-TO: Configuring a hardware phone BT-100

Configuring a BT-100 hardware phone

It seems that it can be done very easily. I had a spare Grandstream BT-100 that hadn't anything noteworthy to do until now. Under the Advanced Settings tab goes the following.

SIP Server: ekiga.net
Outbound Proxy: empty (for me I used a LAN IP address that was running the SIPatH on the DD-WRT, otherwise probably "ekiga.net" as well)
SIP User ID: username
Authenticate ID: username
Authenticate Password: ********
Preferred Vocoder:
(in listed order)
  choice 1:   current setting is " PCMU"
  choice 2:   current setting is " PCMA"
  choice 3:   current setting is " iLBC"
  choice 4:   current setting is " G726-32"

local SIP port: 5088 (only if you have too many hardware phones up and running just for fun)

And that was it. The firmware I use in here is:
Program-- 1.0.6.7 Bootloader-- 1.0.1.0 HTML-- 1.0.0.49 VOC-- 1.0.1.0

Dialing the echo test at 500 was successful, and the latency was the lowest ever experienced so far. At least that BT-100 will be on duty for my ekiga sip account round the clock steadily now.

I don't know how important the (unofficial) hardware phone support would be, but for me it's a neat feature not to keep the laptop necessarily all the time powered on just for receiving incoming phone calls. Maybe Ekiga application could even show somehow in the contact list that the client is a hardware phone of some kind?

Jari Lammi