Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to tell ekiga to use pc2phone

Hi,

Le lundi 03 juillet 2006 à 17:03 -0700, George a écrit :
Hi,

I know this is going to be a stupid question. But I'm stumped. I've read
the manuals (which don't really match ekiga 2.02. I have a diamomd card

They should match Ekiga 2.0.2. If they don't, then there is a bug in the
manual.

pc 2 phone account. Before I installed 2.02, if I just put the telephone
number I was trying to call in the connect window, it would automaticaly
dial the number even though it said it was using sip. Now it won't. I
tried h323 instead of sip and still no go.

What do I do to let ekiga know that I'm trying to dial a phone number
instead of looking for someone on the ils?

1) Have an Ekiga Account registered and set as default account
2) Have a Diamond Card account registered
3) Type the number with the leading 00 followed by the country code
(e.g. : sip:0032123454)

If it doesn't work, you can dial the same number without the leading 00
and with @eugw.ast.diamondcard.us appended to it. (e.g. :
sip:32123454 eugw ast diamondcard us)

When adding a new account, it doesn't give me the option of telling me
that it is supposed to use sip or h323. Everything I add comes up as a

The PC-To-Phone account automatically configures things for SIP, but you
can manually add SIP accounts.

(o-
       SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                        sip:600000 ekiga net