Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Asking for opinion

On Friday 30 June 2006 20:35, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask the opinion of my users once again.
>
> Please answer to the following poll in this thread:
> 1) I like Ekiga as a GNOME application, even if it adds dependancies on
> GNOME
>
> 2) I would prefer Ekiga as a pure GTK+ application like GAIM, with its
> own configuration system
>
> 3) I don't care
>
> (No, QT is not an option) :)
>
> Thanks,
> --
>  _      Damien Sandras
> (o-
> //\     Ekiga Softphone: http://www.ekiga.org/
> v_/_    FOSDEM 2006    : http://www.fosdem.org/
>         SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
>                          sip:600000 ekiga net

I dont use GNOME myself, but i can see the advantage of using a "standard"
configuration system.
But it ruins a small optimized system running anything else than GNOME.
My laptop for instance is not powerful enough to use GNOME properly, so i use
a minimal system running another windowmanager.
Having to include a load of GNOME-dependencies kinda ruins the basic idea of
keeping it light.

So my vote has to go with #2.

That way anyone can use it without having to rely on GNOME libs and
dependencies.

Or as someone suggested. A --without-gnome compilation option.
Or maybe a /no-gnome switch to use GTK-only configurations.
But i guess that would be like building two separate pieces of software doing
the same thing.

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard j rikjoh com