Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Asking for opinion

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:35:57 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Please answer to the following poll in this thread:
> 1) I like Ekiga as a GNOME application, even if it adds dependancies
> on GNOME
>
> 2) I would prefer Ekiga as a pure GTK+ application like GAIM, with its
> own configuration system
>
> 3) I don't care

I'd prefer 2). With all problems that raise. Or a mixture of 1) and 2),
means, things really unproblematic to link off GNOME (kinda "pretended
integration").

Rationale:
I like GNOME, but I see it as fashion, as nearly all other "standard
apps" or "constant procedures" that currently exist. I don't say that
integration is not a good thing, but I don't think a deep, 100%
integration with a specific thing is good.

Jan

--
"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send."
- J. B. Postel, master of the net.