[GnomeMeeting-list] gategeeper registration

Ekiga will register with the gatekeeper if I don't put anything in the gatekeeper ID box
( it registers with no E164 nuber according to the people who run the gatekeeper )
If I put my E164 number in there the registration fails - the gatekeeper folks say it
doesn't even try to register with them - they are expecting me to register with my E164
number - is that where I'm suppose to enter it

thanks

mal