Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Free Your Speech!

Hello !

That's a great work, and a good name !

I paid big attention to your blog, and my eyes read :
"# New NAT binding refresh technics. Ekiga can now be transparently
reachable behind most NAT implementations (including Linux) without any
port forwarding. I have discussed with Harald Welte from the Netfilter
core team so that the UDP binding time is by default increased for the
Linux kernel, allowing Ekiga to refresh the binding less often"

Could you explain it other words or precise it ? Does it mean that
NAT-traversal is more efficient in Ekiga than in gnomemeeting-1.2.x ?
If yes, in what domains ? If no, what do you mean by 'more reachable' ?

(I have been successfully using GM for the last year, but without being
able to be called. In september, I moved to another room where the
NAT is detected as blocked but I can't call who I used to call... The only software that works here is Skype
which, I must admit it, is perfect in its 2.0 release concerning video
and NAT traversal - except that it's not open source, and reserved to
Windows users. Even MSN (video or simply 'webcam') doesn't work.)

Thanks for your huge work !

Yours sincerely,

Timothée