[GnomeMeeting-list] I have tested GnomeMeeting 1.9

Hi guys,

with a little bit help from Damien, yesterday I was able to install GnomeMeeting v1.9 on two different machines, both with Fedora Core 4, and here is my personal test result:

The installation was no problem, but you really should remove the old v1.2.x-installation before.

You have to install all the programs in this order: pwlib -> openh323 -> opal -> gnomemeeting-opal!

I have installed all programs in the same way:

./configure --prefix=/usr (for pwlib you have to add "--enable-plugins" as a second parameter)
make
make install

During the installation a few libs are missing, but these are standard-libs, well known by yum and easy to install via yum and rpm.

The gnomemeeting-package includes an "./autogen.sh", but it was not working well, so I've used ./configure instead.

GnomeMeeting v1.9 works very well with H323 und with SIP now. The only problem I have detected is, if you have more the one SIP-account with the same provider. In this case GnomeMeeting will register only to the first account in your list.

A big THANK's to Damien, he has done a very great job with GnomeMeeting 1.9.

Regards

Guenther
Davao City, Philippines, Planet Earth, 30.5 °C