[GnomeMeeting-list] Select custom alsa pcm device?

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to choose a custom alsa pcm device. The GUI
only offers "default" and "VIA 8237". However, I'd like to choose the
"headset" pcm device which I've defined in my .asoundrc.

I'm using a simple headset with two stereo connectors. The headphone jack is
plugged in the rear channel of my 5.1 onboard sound device. Since I'd like to
use the front and rear channel independently I had to resort to
this .asoundrc:

pcm.rearx {
        type route
        slave.pcm "surround40"
        ttable.0.0 0
        ttable.1.1 0
        ttable.0.2 1
        ttable.1.3 1
}
pcm.!rear {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "rearx"
        slave.channels 4
        ttable.0.0 1
        ttable.1.1 1
}
ctl.rear {
        type hw
        card 0
}
pcm.headset {
        type asym
        playback.pcm "rear"
        capture.pcm "hw:0"
}

As far as I can tell everything works as expected, i.e. the "headset" pcm
device is completely independent of normal sound playback (e.g. sound
notifications, music, etc.). The only problem is that I can't find an option
in ekiga to use this device.

Would it be difficult, from a technical point of view, to implement support
for these "virtual" pcm devices? Or is there already a hidden option in a
configuration file somewhere?

Thanks,

Gilles