Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga on http...

On 4/11/06, David BERCOT <david bercot wanadoo fr> wrote:
Hi,
I found an IM software (Psi) which can encapsulate messages into http and, finally, I can use it into my entreprise.

Yep because some jabber server like jabber.f can be reached on port 443 , it's what I use in my company

For VoIP, I found WengoPhone which has the same functionnality and which can work too !!!

Yes but you then connect to their http gateway so it's not P2P anymore , It's only for PC-toPhone calls , moreover their http server for this tunnel is not standard or open as said on the wengo list ...

But Ekiga, with STUN, cannot connect at all !!!

Do you have any idea ? Is there any modification of Ekiga in that way for a next version ?

Anyway , I think this is normal that you can't make VOIP calls with http , to achieve it you always need a kind of proxy server , for skype , the other people are the proxies , it's the worst case , because you give BW knowing it ....  For wengo or other sip softphone , an open http tunnel server could be given by default but this would cost a lot of money , or it would only handle pctophone calls , so not really a solution

Anyway I've heard that ICE ot Turn can work for this ? for exemple There are rumors that with jingle you can place http calls ?