Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Best USB Camera for Linux

I use the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 myself too - works excellently and you can further configure it using the setpwc tool

http://www.vanheusden.com/setpwc/

For example you can do the following command:

setpwc -f 30

That will ensure that the camera runs at 30fps - I run a script at boot up to ensure the fps is set to 30fps as without it it seems my camera default of 10fps otherwise.

A small note - for the QuickCam 4000 - it is capable of doing 640x480 video's but only up to a maximum of 15fps so to get 640x480 you must set the fps to 15fps or less.

There are a lot of other options with the setpwc tool.

The downside of the tool is that it's not a GUI tool, with live preview. It's a commandline tool.