Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Getting started with ekiga

Robin Atwood a écrit :
I have just installed ekiga on two hosts on my home LAN and host-to-host over the LAN, it seems to work well. The problem is connecting via the internet. When the set-up wizard probes my ADSL router, it says it has Port Restricted NAT and I should enable STUN. According to the documentation that should be enough, but both my hosts have their own firewalls using iptables since sometimes I use dial-up. The router has no firewall rules and just does NAT. I opened port 1720 on both hosts so they could listen for calls but when I try to connect via the sip registration method, I always get user is offline. I see there are examples of rules for iptables doing NAT and packet forwarding but the documentation seems to imply I don't need to do that. Some clarification please!

Gnomemeeting needed to use special rules to work. Ekiga has improved NAT-traversal possibilities which allow to generally avoid playing with iptables.

The port 1720 is for H.323 if I remember well, so opening it doesn't help for SIP calls...

And if both your boxes are connected to the net via the same router, calling one from the other won't work (they're the same box from outside!).

Hope it helps,

Snark on #ekiga