[GnomeMeeting-list] Getting started with ekiga

I have just installed ekiga on two hosts on my home LAN and host-to-host over
the LAN, it seems to work well. The problem is connecting via the internet.
When the set-up wizard probes my ADSL router, it says it has Port Restricted
NAT and I should enable STUN. According to the documentation that should be
enough, but both my hosts have their own firewalls using iptables since
sometimes I use dial-up. The router has no firewall rules and just does NAT.
I opened port 1720 on both hosts so they could listen for calls but when I
try to connect via the sip registration method, I always get user is offline.
I see there are examples of rules for iptables doing NAT and packet
forwarding but the documentation seems to imply I don't need to do that. Some
clarification please!

Cheers...
-Robin.
Robin Atwood.