Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] cannot make or receive sip cal on etch

Hi Damien,

On 4/5/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
[cut]
> > And I've noted that I have two new services started on startup: "ser"
> > and "rtpproxy". Do I need them? What are they?
>
> Not at all. So what happens is that they both use port 5060, and Ekiga
> can not use it.

Disabling ser and rtpproxy, yestarday for the first time the call to
the echo service had success and I've heard my voice. Wow! ;-)

So it works now, many thanks... I will continue using ekiga and will
report any problem (if any ;-).

Now I'm trying again the echo test... sometimes it rings and then I
get the engaged tone. I presume it's only a server problem ... and if
the call succedes then it finishes after the woman's message after few
secons of echo tests. It is the normal beaviour, right? I get "call
terminated in an abnormal way" in the status bar.... so I was
wondering if it was ok.

I wonder also why those packages went installed if they aren't needed.
I've installed ekiga with aptitude, and it installs also the suggested
package, so maybe there's some suggested page too much?

I ask these questions because I want to write an article/guide
presenting ekiga  for the debianizzati Italian Debian community and I
want to be sure to suggest the _right_ steps to install ekiga on
Debian without any troubles.

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio