Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem

On 4/3/06, Dion van Oirschot <dion van oirschot telenet be> wrote:
>  1. If it is a volume issue on my side, how come the beep is loud and the
> speach is low volume? BTW, I have none such trouble in skype.

It is on Dion's side, but my guess is that the problem is inside
Dion's ekiga.   A normal mixer volume control will not help him as
adjusting the PCM volume will adjust both the ekiga sound effects and
the voice.    Anyone know if there is a gconf setting?

>  2. I changed the nice value to 0, no improvement.

Did you restart your X server ?

By the way, if CPU usage ever goes up to 100% with any voip app I
know, you get crackly sound.