[GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting 2 releases plan.. why wait??

Hello all..
 for what I understood gnomemeeting 2 is still in beta waiting mainly
for the SIP video to worsk rights..
I'm just wandering if this is the best strategy.. SIP is very cool
nowadays and the market of sip&voip software is very on the media (take
the fist page of The Economist of last week for example).
There is plenty of software outside there (skype, google phone, gimzo
project, X-lite..ecc..) but I have to admit that "open source" phones
are still in early development phase or ar "open" just in the marketing
(openwengo, kphone..).
The result of this "SIP mania" is that many distros don't include
gnomemeeting or don't explicit publicise that, in favour of less usable
sip phones.
I'm just wandering if waiting for video is the best decision or if it
could be better going out with a fully working audio-only sip phone and
have SIP-video working in a following version..

Antonello