[GnomeMeeting-list] No sound (ALSA, nForce2, Debian Sarge)

Hello,

I've been trying to get GnomeMeeting 1.2.1 sound working. I've read the FAQ and searched this mailing list, but haven't found anything that has fixed my problem yet. Currently, I can't hear anything from the other end, and they can't hear me. Video works great, though.

GnomeMeeting is the only program I've had sound problems with. In the Configuration Druid my audio device for both output and input is NVidia nForce2, and my audio manager is ALSA. If I attempt to use OSS sound, the results are exactly the same, although it sounds like I'm going to have better luck getting this working if I stick with ALSA. I cannot hear myself during the Configuration Druid's test.

I have tried doing "cat /dev/dsp > /dev/dsp", and I can't hear myself. This indicates that it probably isn't a GnomeMeeting problem, but on the other hand I have Skype working, which uses /dev/dsp for both input and output.

Does anyone have any ideas or further tests that might help me with this problem?

Thanks very much, in advance! (and if any of the developers are reading, thanks for the great program)

Kind Regards,

James Foster