Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Low resolution with TerraCAM USB Pro

Le mercredi 31 août 2005 à 23:13 +0200, Hanno Böck a écrit :
> Am Freitag, 12. August 2005 19:15 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> > > What can I do to get the full resolution of 640x480?
> >
> > You can't.
> >
> > And I very much doubt that you have the required upload bandwidth to
> > transmit 640x480 video to your friends.
>
> What is the technical reason for this? Is gm not supporting this resolution at
> all?

No it doesn't. The reason is that even with 2 or 3 fps, the upstream of
most connections existing today is not sufficient to be able to upload
640x480 pictures with a codec like H.261.

I do not say that it won't be implemented, it is just very low on the
priority list right now.

> I see various reasons why higher resolutions make sense. Imagine resolution is
> more important than frame-rate (e.g. if you want to show objects/papers etc.
> through the cam). Imagine having a local network.
> Beside that, gm supports taking shots, at least they should be in the highest
> resolution possible.

Taking shots is (I hope) not the primary use for GnomeMeeting ;)