Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Re: Webcam resolution

Le samedi 15 octobre 2005 à 15:23 -0400, Elad Lahav a écrit :
> > As I said, no. what needs to be done is converting the 320x340 into
> > 352x288 or 176x144. Most other H.323 implementation only support 176x144
> > btw.
>
> I took a look at the code. In GMVideoGrabber::Main() you have the following
> lines:
>
>       video_channel->Read (video_buffer, height * width * 3);
>       video_channel->Write (video_buffer, height * width * 3);
>
> I thought that any conversion should be done between the Read() and Write()
> calls. I tried fiddling around with the video_buffer returned by Read(),
> but there is no effect on what I'm seeing.
> So my questions are:
> 1. Is this really the place to convert an image?

Actually, it should be done in vconvert.cxx that you can find in pwlib.
Currently, it takes the biggest size supported by the camera as input,
and crop the image in the given size.

The problem is that you will want to resize the image, instead of
cropping or padding it. The difficulty is that you will have to support
that for various color formats.

> 2. Does it affect the picture you get in GM when not in a call, or only the
> information sent on the network?

Both.

> 3. Is there a way to run two instances of GM on the same machine for
> debugging purposes (other than using VMWare)?

Yes, run a second instance under another user name, but it will be
difficult to share the devices. For sound, you can use ALSA and DMIX,
but for video, I know no way.