Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Interest for GM 2.00

Hi,

first of all, thanks for great work. GM was leading the bunch in this field... I'm working on few projects and would like to express my view...

I'm Asterisk consultant for certain small company that is developing solutions on that platform and I must say that is one of the greatest things in open source I've seen. We can be really fast in customizing solutions, where closed source solutions have major problems... But the only thing that is missing in Asterisk is decent open sourced softphone that would work realiably enough for production use...

Another great project I'm involved with is www.plutohome.org - integrated home automation/entertainment system with all great open sourced components under one, nice GUI packaged roof... Asterisk, motion, xine, mythtv - and currently we're searching for video telephony client solution....

Personally, with my group fo students we are also working on integrated softphone IM client solution, that I personally think will take over a large part of market of the future - contrary to commercial solutions, I think that open source and opoen standards could prevail in this field (we're working on java SIP video communicator in conjunction with java IM ).. something similar as yahoo, skype and other closed solutions are doing now....

I personally think, that softphone by itself doesn't mean so much, but its integration into other apps gives him real value...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.