Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connecting behind a D-Link DSL 504G?

Le samedi 19 novembre 2005 à 12:59 +1100, Amos Shapira a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get gnomemeeting 1.2.1 on Debian Sarge to connect through a D-Link
> DSL-504G ADSL modem/router.
>
> The configuration druid identifies the NAT type as "Symetric" and
> suggests that I
> configure port forwarding.
>
> Now the trouble I have is that the router can only accept 11 rules,
> and some are already
> used for other applications so I'm left with 8 rules available to
> forward ports, which is not
> enough to cover all the port ranges.
>
> I tried configuring 2-3 ports of each range (plus the 1720 TCP port)
> and tell gnomemeeting
> (via gconf-edit) that the port ranges are narrower (e.g. 30000:30002
> instead of up to 30010)
> but that didn't work either.
>
> The router can map multiple extrnal ports to a single internal one but
> I suspect that this
> isn't enough for Gnomemeeting.
>
> I also tried to setup my machine as DMZ but that didn't work either
> and I disabled the
> DMZ configuration.
>
> Has anyone managed to make GM work in that configuration?

What I suggest you is :
- reduce the TCP port range like you did it and forward those ports.
Notice that those TCP ports are only used for compatibility with the
legacy Netmeeting. They are not used when communicating with other GM
clients.
- reduce the RTP Port range to 4 ports only, you absolutely need 4 ports
minimum
- reduce the UDP Port range to 2 ports.

It should work.