Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Recommended USB webcam for Linux

"Re: linux1394 patches merged
From: Arne Caspari
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 04:30:27 EST
I am developing a v4l2 driver for the IIDC cameras which is based on
the "video-2-1394" driver which again is designed around the device
object and the callbacks of the ieee1394 bus driver.
"

Well, it seems that it's a work in progress.
But the real question is to know if it's worth to code an additionnal
IEEE1394-IIDC backend since we should soon have a V4L2 driver for
IEEE1304-IIDC cams...
To be more accurate, it is not worth coding a firewire backend if V4L2
wraps 100% of the IEEE1394-IIDC functionality in its last revision.
Anybody knows the answer of this question?
Because if it's not the case, better have a V4L3 flexible enough to
map 100% of IEEE1394-IIDC and its evolution, if that is possible.