Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomeeting and MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and AIM

On Monday 09 May 2005 03:33, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le dimanche 08 mai 2005 à 19:00 -0400, Allan a écrit :
> > Since I didn't get an answer the first time, I'll try again.  Does GM
> > work with the above mentionned programs?
>
> GnomeMeeting is respecting standards. 1.2.1 supports H.323, and CVS
> supports H.323 and SIP.
>
> All programs you mention are using proprietary protocols, so
> GnomeMeeting is not compatible with them (or better, they are not
> compatible with GnomeMeeting ;) )

Thank you.  I was beginning to suspect a much when I couldn't connect with my
children.  Won't waste any more time trying but will spend my energy
convincing them to revert back to Netmeeting or better still to convert to
Linux.

Allan