Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: New user seeks info on Netmeeting, Yahoo Messenger, and AIM

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 12:34:05PM +0200, Jan Schiefer wrote:
> A Windows port should only be a long time priority.

I at the same time agree and disagree with you.

It should not be Linux's people's responsibility to make a good and
working open (free?) H323+STUN+SIP VC-software for MS Windows, but
as long as there is none, Skype will have bigger and bigger userbase
and more steady position as a de facto standard video conferencing
system. We are late, perhaps too late, already.

But defenetly I don't think it should be Damien's job. I wonder if there
would be some expert group who has compiled many GNOME/gtk+ programs for
MS Windows and would manage to do this with little effort.
I don't currently even have MS Windows installed anywhere on my
computers, and have no idea about compiling anything for that wormhole
OS. Maybe it would be even possible to cross compile MS Windows
executable with Linux gcc?

// jouni