Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech Quickcam pro 4000 microphone does not work with gnomeeting-1.2.1

Le lundi 21 mars 2005 à 22:46 -0500, Leonid Petrov a écrit :
>Hi, Damien,
>
>> That's most probably the problem. But why are you using OSS and not ALSA?
>
>  Ha! I want to use ALSA, but gnomemeeting stubbornly selects OSS and does not
>allow me to use ALSA. Jouni suggested to modify user preferences for gconf.
>I ran.

That's because the ALSA plugin has not been compiled in.

>$ gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/gnomemeeting/devices/audio/plugin ALSA
>
>$ gconftool-2 --shutdown
>$ gconftool-2 --get /apps/gnomemeeting/devices/audio/plugin
>ALSA
>$
>  Looks like, ALSA was selected, right? But when I start gnomemeeting
>in 3 seconds it changes "plugin" to OSS and overwrites my
>$HOME/.gconf/apps/gnomemeeting/devices/audio/%gconf.xml :
>
>$ gconftool-2 --get /apps/gnomemeeting/devices/audio/plugin
>OSS
>$

Of course, if ALSA is not selectable, you can not force its use through
GConf.

>  I checked /etc/gconf/ where my gconf preference lived, but I did not
>find a place where application preference "OSS" might be stored.
>
>> Then you are using ALSA, and you should be using the ALSA audio plugin,
>> not the OSS one. All plugins are available on www.gnomemeeting.org, or
>> in your favorite distribution.
>
>  No I am confused. I installed gnomemeeting from
>http://www.gnomemeeting.org/admin/downloads/latest/sources/sources/gnomemeeting-1.2.1.tar.gz
>Do you mean that there is another separate package which should be installed?

Have you compiled pwlib yourself?

If so, make sure that --enable-plugins was selected and that the alsa
headers are installed on your system before compiling.