Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech Quickcam pro 4000 microphone does not work with gnomeeting-1.2.1

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 08:04:54PM -0500, Leonid Petrov wrote:
>   I cannot enable microphone Logitech Quickcam pro 4000 to work with
> gnomemeeting-1.2.1. I have a built-in audio support in my mobo, ABIT IS7,

You could show what your gconf has it for gnomemeeting:
For example I have also Quickcam pro 4000 and I have this:

$ gconftool-2 -R /apps/gnomemeeting/devices/audio
 output_device = Ensoniq AudioPCI
 input_device = USB Device 0x46d:0x8b2
 lid_country_code = BE
 plugin = ALSA
 lid_output_device_type = 0
 lid_echo_cancellation_level = 2

That USB Device ID is for QCam Pro4000, and you can check it from
/proc/bus/usb/devices

Also, you could try to force those settings by editing the fields
with gconf-editor, while gnomemeeting is not running.

I remember, when I was using Fedora 2, somehow gnomemeeting never really
worked so I could use the mic in Quickcam and audio output to AudioPCI.

// jouni