Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting 1.2 / FC3 / PWC - USB timeout

Am Sonntag, 6. März 2005 13:59 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> Hi James,
>
> It really seems to be a kernel USB related bug. I think the only
> solution is to upgrade. The crash is a consequence of the driver bug. I
> don't know what ep0in/out is though. But if the crash happens when there
> is the timeout, then you can e 99.99% sure that the crash is a
> consequence of it.
>
> Le dimanche 06 mars 2005 à 02:54 +0000, James Ellis a écrit :
> > Hi all
> >
> > Following up on my previous
> > post...(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2005-March/msg00
> >000.html).
> >
> > I now have GM 1.2 working very well on Fedora Core 3 (gui = KDE) with
> > my Philips 840 webcam.... the image is excellent/crystal clear  &
> > audio is ok (comme ci comme ca). I did the port forwarding and ip
> > translation to get it all working (h.245, listening port *and* RTP as
> > explained in the faq).
> > I'm talking to a NetMeeting client as well :D, although they can't call
> > me.
> >
> > but... after a random amount of time, video freezes then I either get
> > a abnormal call termination message or gm crashes. A quick look in
> > /var/log/messages shows ..
> >
> > ... kernel: usb 3-1: control timeout on ep0out
> > ... miso kernel: usb 3-1: control timeout on ep0in
> > //and
> > ... kernel: pwc Closing video device: 3865 frames received, dumped 6
> > frames, 0 frames with errors.
> >
> > I'm running kernel 2.6.9-1.667
> >
> > Does anyone else get this problem? A look around the web suggests that
> > the USB driver may be at fault. I'm considering a Kernel upgrade as
> > their have apparently been a few fixes in 2.6.10 to USB.

I had some of this control timeout messages, too, although at system startup.
Before switching from Kernel 2.4 to 2.6, the camera (Philips Vesta 680)
sometimes just did not work, after switching, it got worse, the camera was
not recognized most of the time, and even the usb mouse sometimes had
problems. I invested 12€ into a usb 2.0 pci card, and all my problems
vanished ...

The motherboard which I have now has an amd viper chipset, before that I had
one with an ALI chipset, which worked without problems, my Intel based
notebook works fine, too.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/