[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Video Conferencing between Debian and Windows

On Monday 13 June 2005 18:11, you wrote:
> Benedek Frank wrote:

> >>Hi Benedek,
> >>
> >>have you read the gnomemeeting FAQ, paragraph 2.2
> >>http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=3&pos=0&faqpage=x56.html
> >>? It tells you to install the MS-GSM codec on the netmeeting(!) machine.
> >>
> >>	yours
> >>	Joerg
> >
> >Hi
> >
> >Yes I did read it, and I did install all the necessary things. It seems
> >something is wrong with the firewall, as I cannot even Telnet to the NM
> > box via port 1720. It is rejecting my attempt, even though the router is
> > set to DMZ toward the NM and the NM has the firewall disabled. I am
> > puzzled at this point, if anybody has ideas, please do let me know.
> >
> >THanks
> >
> >Bence
>
> In netfilter patch-o-matic there is a contrack-h323, the h323 protocol
> is used by netmeeting, I think you need to patch your kernel and your
> iptables if you hasn't got any contrack-h323 ipt modules in your
> iptables libs directory.
>
> I think this can help you a bit.
>
> Regards.

Hi

Gnomemeeting and Netmeeting can communicate just fine, on the local network.
And my router isnt a Linux box, therefore I dont use IPtables. I think there
is a different malfunction, which I could not explore yet. Still looking
though.

Thanks

Bence