Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem (again)

Le mercredi 27 juillet 2005 à 08:51 -0700, JCA a écrit :
>   I am using GM 1.2.1. All of a sudden, my sound has stopped working.
> When I try with the configuration druid, my sound hardware is detected
> all right (as ICH5) but the sound recording test does not record
> anything, and it does not issue any complaints about being unable to
> access the hardware.
>
>   What makes things so galling is that GM seems to be the only
> application I have that has a problem with sound. Outside GM, sound

What other applications have you tried recording with?

> works perfectly, both recording and playing. In particular (shudder!)
> Skype works fine. The only thing I can think of is my having messed

Skype is not using ALSA, but the OSS emulation layer of ALSA which is
independant in terms of mixer levels.

> around with the sound codecs. However, would that have any impact as
> the sound test carried out by the druid?

Nope, no influence. The druid test is a basic sound test.
My guess would be that you have accidentaly changed you ALSA mixer
settings for the Capture or Mic.