[GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem (again)

  I am using GM 1.2.1. All of a sudden, my sound has stopped working.
When I try with the configuration druid, my sound hardware is detected
all right (as ICH5) but the sound recording test does not record
anything, and it does not issue any complaints about being unable to
access the hardware.

  What makes things so galling is that GM seems to be the only
application I have that has a problem with sound. Outside GM, sound
works perfectly, both recording and playing. In particular (shudder!)
Skype works fine. The only thing I can think of is my having messed
around with the sound codecs. However, would that have any impact as
the sound test carried out by the druid?