Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting failed to work again

Hi Damien,

Tks for your advice.

> I believe artsddsp only works with OSS emulation,
> not ALSA.
>
> Just execute killall -9 artsd before using
> gnomemeeting.

I temporarily solved the problem by running
# /etc/init.d/alsasound restart

before starting Gnomemeeting.

On searching Internet I discovered a suggestion

1) Edit /etc/init.d/alsasound
add splash_late to the line starting with
"Required-Start"
2) Run
insserv -r alsasound

and then
insserv alsasound

This should set alsasound to start last of all
services.

I haven't tested it because "insserv" is not running
on this FC3 box.  It is SuSE package.

B.R.
Stephen