Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 1.2 with KDE 3.3.2 under Suse 9.1 sticks in startup

Hi Damien,

thanks for the hint. Actually it was not really the correct solution, but gave
me the right direction.

Gnome 2.8 requires at least Orbit2 version 2.10.2 and I had allready version
2.12.0 installed (as yast and kpackage confirmed).

But just in case I reloaded the version 2.12.0 again with yast. But nothing
changed. I then used kpackage and enabled in the install dialog the option
"replace files". When then reinstalling the orbit packages the magic thing
happened GM worked again.

So it looks like that the failure was not a wrong version of orbit but
something broken in the files, which could only be solved by replacing them
with a new file with the same version.

Anyway thanks for the hint, sending me in the right direction.

As I like GM, if you need beta testers for future GM releases or help in
translating documentation from English towards German I would like to offer
my help.

Reagards,

Martin

--